http://texasloanstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/tls_logo_334x123-300x110.png 0 0 stryder9 http://texasloanstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/tls_logo_334x123-300x110.png stryder92019-01-25 17:56:052019-02-10 15:26:28Five Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Check Your Plugs – Here’s something you might not know: Plugged in toasters, coffeemakers, TVs and other electronic devices in your home actually use a small amount of electricity even when they’re not in use. By unplugging them when you’re not using these devices, you can save electricity and lower your utility bills.
- Go with the Right Light – Compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs are an easy way to make your home more environmentally (and economically) friendly. Although they’re a bit pricier up front, CFL bulbs last a lot longer than traditional bulbs and can save you about $30 each in energy over their lifetime
- Not-So-Hot Can Save a Lot – Want to see a dramatic difference in your energy bills? All you have to do it lower the water temperature on your hot water heater to 120 degrees from the standard 140. You won’t feel the difference when you wash your hands, but you’ll appreciate the difference it’ll make in lowering your budget.
- How Low is Your Flow? – By switching to low-flow showerheads, you can not only reduce the amount of water your family uses every day, but also the energy needed to heat it. On average, you may be able to see a savings of up to $75 per year on water, and up to $50 per year on energy bills by going low-flow.
- Care About Your Air – Just before summer is the perfect time to clean and replace the filters on your air conditioning system. A clogged air conditioning filter can increase your cooling costs by 10% or more. Also, consider installing a programmable thermostat. It will increase the efficiency of your air conditioner.